Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thought for the day/ Pensamento do Dia

I don't know anyone who does not hate the endlessly repeated advertisements on TV, particularly during the Olympics, so I ask myself who actually buys the stuff. Ok, I'll grant you that some ads for cars may actually induce a few people to visit the showrooms. As for the rest, I have serious doubts that the ads really sell; and, even if they do, that the advertising is cost effective.

Não conheço ninguém que não detesta as repetições sem fim, de anuncios na TV, especialmente durante os Jogos Olímpicos. D'aí pergunto a mim mesmo quem compra aqueles produtos. Admito que os anuncios de automoveis induzam algumas pessoas a visitar as agências; quanto ao resto, duvido de que os annucios vendam e que as eventuais vendas justifiquem os gastos com os anuncios.

No comments: